A post from me was posted on July 8th titled “Neighborhood Watch”. Once on the East Lake Road Neighborhood website please scroll down and take a look at that post. You can also click above on the Home or Community page to see that post. I am still looking for 2 captains per street. The results of the first post are below. Please email me at email@example.com if I can place your name beside your street.
- East Lake Road to Paden Cir – Lisa Klumok
- Ponce de Leon Manor – Yvette Weatherly and Dena Cohen
- Ponce de Leon Ave – Ridgecrest to West Parkwood – Anne Wallace
We can use your help.
- Ridgecrest Road – East Lake Rd to Dekalb Ave – Your name here!
- Ridgecrest Road- East Lake Rd to Ponce de Leon Ave- Your name here!
- Ridgecrest Court – Your name here!
- West Parkwood Road – Your name here!
- Ponce de Leon Ave – Lakeshore Drive to Ridge Crest – Your name here!
- Ponce de Leon Avenue – Barton Woods Rd to Artwood – Your name here!
- Barton Woods Road – Your name here!
- Artwood Road – Your name here!
- East Parkwood Road- the part that’s in Dekalb County – Your name here!
- Parkwood Lane- the part that’s in Dekalb County – Your name here!
- North Parkwood Road- the part that’s in Dekalb County – Your name here!
- Lakeshore Drive- the part that’s in Dekalb County – Your name here!
What am I asking you to do?
Street Captains To-Do List
Create and keep an updated list of all Home addresses, E-mail addresses and Phone numbers.
E-mail important information to your street list.
Plan an annual Fall Street Party, so neighbors can meet and greet each other. You can decide on that date and time.
Attend a meeting with the other Street Captains at least once a year. That meeting will be planned by the Division 2 co-chairs.
Promote the Druid Hills Patrol, if you think the Patrol is important. My husband Tom and I joined and we do see the patrol car go up and down our street. You will not have to knock on doors. There will be printed materials at the parties. There will also be information that you can send by email to your street list.
Street Party Meet and Greet
It would be nice to start the fall off gathering with our neighbors. Your street/streets can decide if and when you would like to have the party. I hope you all will decide to have a meet and greet.
What can we do at the Party?
Have a sign in or check off sheet. This will help to update your street list.
Meet your adult neighbors.
Your kids can meet other kids.
You could dance, if you have music.
You can have fun!
Check list for a Street Party
Where -Which Street (see suggestions below)
Tables- Who has one, two or more to lend?
Chairs- Bring your own.
Maybe close the street. If so, Contact your local precinct for a request form. We are the Center Precinct 770-724-7780.
Streets that could Party together
The DeKalb part of Lakeshore, Ponce de Leon Ave from Lakeshore to Ponce de Leon Manor, and all of Ponce Manor. Suggestion- Party on Ponce Manor.
East Lake to Paden Cir, Ridgecrest Rd to Dekalb Ave and Ridgecrest Ct.
Suggestion- Party on Ridgecrest Ct.
Ponce de Leon Ave from Eastlake to West Parkwood and Ridgecrest Rd from Eastlake to Ponce de Leon Ave Suggestion- Party in Deepdene
Ponce de Leon Ave from Deepdene to North Parkwood and all of Artwood Suggestion- Party at the end of Artwood or maybe on Heaton Park
North Ponce and Barton Woods Suggestion- Party on Barton Woods
East and West Parkwood and Parkwood Lane. Suggestion- Party in the Parkwoods
Please let me know if you have other suggestions.