There is hope to get the Neighborhood Watch Program up and running again. Signs like the one above are around our Division 2 neighborhood. We can continue looking out for each other in a more organized way. We can do this if we re-activate the program. Let’s start with getting two people per street. The list of streets is below. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can be a captain. After we have two Street Captains per street, we will schedule a meeting with Officer Al Fowler, DKPD and Officer Singh, DHP.
- East Lake Road
- Ridgecrest Road
- Ridgecrest Court
- Ponce de Leon Manor
- West Parkwood Rd
- Ponce de Leon Avenue between Lakeshore Drive & West Parkwood Rd
- Ponce de Leon Avenue
- Barton Woods Road
- Artwood Road
- Part of East Parkwood Road
- Part of Parkwood Lane
- Part of North Parkwood Road
- Part of Lakeshore Drive
We have acquired a tortoise. She/he is not a native Georgia tortoise, but has somehow showed up in our back yard. We are glad she has come to visit, but we suspect she is someone’s pet. She is not very fast so we suspect she has escaped from one of our close neighbors.
Please let us know if it is yours or you are a tortoise expert or know anyone who is.
Janet & Clarke Weeks
2181 East Lake Road NE
Babysitter/ dog sitter
Red Cross certified, 14 year-old available for babysitting, mother’s helper, or dog sitting. Reliable and affordable. I can be reached at email@example.com or at
Thank you, Leila Montgomery
Our cat Ren got out yesterday afternoon from our home at 2250 East Lake Road. Unfortunately she recently had her collar taken off. She is microchipped.
If she is found, please contact Ethan at 773-595-5942
Please see the information below from Ryan Graham regarding the need for Tour docents:
We still need your help to staff the tour. We are short 41 docents.
Attached is where we currently stand. Green is fully staffed, white is short but manageable, and red is not good at all. Please, if you haven’t signed up for your shift, please do so today. If you have an email list you can forward this to, a neighborhood list, school list, church list, etc, please do so. As big a network as we have access to, it really should’t be that difficult for us to fill the remaining slots.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Here’s the link to sign up:
Found on Ridgecrest Road, mid to large size dog of a tan & black color.
Sweet dog with collar, no tag. Please contact 404)226-0749
Please be aware of upcoming changes to our garbage and recycling containers requirements and collection procedures, as noted on the DeKalb County website.
Garbage and Recycling Container Requirements and Collection Procedures Update Fact Sheet
Effective July 6, 2015, the DeKalb County Sanitation Division began once-a-week garbage, recycling and yard trimmings collection for all single-family residential households in unincorporated DeKalb and the cities of Brookhaven, Dunwoody and Lithonia. During Phase I, which was completed in fall 2015, garbage roll carts were delivered to all single-family homes in the Sanitation Division’s service area. Phase II is underway, and focuses on implementing changes to garbage and recycling container requirements and collection procedures, increasing recycling participation, and providing optional garbage and recycling roll cart offerings.
Effective April 18, 2016, the Sanitation Division is implementing changes to garbage and recycling container requirements and collection procedures, which were approved by the DeKalb County Governing Authority. These changes are a critical component of the Rolling Forward to One sanitation service change program, and will minimize injuries to field collection service employees and the potential for damage to customer-provided containers. Customers not in compliance will not be serviced until their next scheduled collection day. A notice will be issued advising of the use of an unapproved garbage or recycling container. Noncompliant customers will also be required to place their garbage or recyclable materials in county-approved containers for servicing.
- Garbage collection service – Effective April 18, 2016, only county-provided 35-, 45-, 65- and 95-gallon garbage roll carts are approved for garbage collection service. Customer-provided garbage containers from Home Depot, Waste Management, Herby Curby, etc., are not approved for garbage collection service. Secure, durable plastic bags are approved for excess garbage disposal, and can be placed next to customers’ garbage roll carts on their scheduled collection day. Further, customers have the opportunity to obtain optional county-provided garbage roll carts to meet their garbage disposal needs, and are encouraged to consider these options.
- Recycling collection service – Effective April 18, 2016, only county-provided blue 18-gallon recycling bins, blue 40-gallon recycling bags and blue 65-gallon recycling roll carts are approved for recyclable materials collection. Customer-provided recycling containers from a third party are not approved for recycling collection service. Customers have the opportunity to obtain county-provided 65-gallon recycling roll carts, 40-gallon recycling bags and 18-gallon recycling bins to meet their recycling needs, and are encouraged to consider these options. To subscribe to the Sanitation Division’s FREE residential recycling program, please contact the division’s customer service team at 404-294-2900, or visit www.keepdekalbbeautiful.org.
- Yard trimmings collection service – Customer-provided containers are currently approved for yard trimmings collection, and customers can continue to use their own containers for this purpose after the April 18 effective date. Additionally, yard trimmings must be prepared according to the division’s preparation procedures, and should be contained in 20- to 40-gallon containers or biodegradable paper bags.
For more information on these changes, please contact the Sanitation Division’s customer service team at 404-294-2900 or SanitationPhase2@dekalbcountyga.gov, or visit www.rollingforwardtoone.com, www.dekalbsanitation.com or www.dekalbcountyga.gov.
Calling All Volunteers!
Mark your calendar for April 22-24!
We are seeking smart, capable Druid Hills neighbors to volunteer. We need your support!
Volunteer for a four-hour shift during the tour weekend. You will receive a free tour ticket and an invitation to the Thank You Party at Slice & Pint. Recruit several friends and volunteer for the same shift. Plan to attend the tour and party together!
Sign up soon for your preferred shift time and location. They are filling up fast!
Sign up here: http://vols.pt/WZ7QF3
To find out more: druidhillstour.org/volunteer or contact Elizabeth Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Druid Hills Lawn Care
Servicing the Druid Hills neighborhood since 2012
The most affordable lawn care this summer guaranteed!
Quotes start at just $30.00!
Check out our new website!
Contact for FREE quote!